January 10, 2014

how-to-winter-outfit-ideas

Well, it looks like the winter weather has finally arrived here in Maryland, with these past couple of days being in the negatives it was officially time to break out my winter essentials.  While it's very easy to completely cover up and resort to comfort and warmth rather than still keeping up with still being as stylish as possible, I wanted to share my tricks with you.

Step 1: Outerwear
I have quite a few coats on  rotation this winter but most importantly you definitely need to invest in a duster/long line coat that pretty much covers your body.  I own this one here and I highly recommend that you invest in this style. 

| coat on left here, coat on right here |

Step 2: Layers
Pretty much says it all, layer with heavier fabrics.  I personally under every top I wear in the winter, layer with a tank.  Forever21 has a good selection, for a price you can't beat (I normally stock up on mine in bulk from here).

| knit, pants |

Step 3: Edgy boots
Go for the boots that have a little character, when you're all bundled up at least you can still show off your shoes.


Step 4: Accessorize
Similar to your shoes, make a statement with your accessories too!


Step 5: Dark hues
Go bold.


1 comment: