June 4, 2014

U N L I K E L Y

linen-pencil-skirt
gucci-sandals
tortoise-link-necklace
camo-top
red-pencil-skirt
Photography credit: Surpass Visuals

Obey top c/o Lulu*s | French Connection skirt c/o | Gucci shoes (alternative here and here) | eBay necklace (alternative) | zeroUV sunglasses c/o 

Unlikely pairing, the norm is so boring for me :)

Inside the mind of a stylist: when putting this look together my main garment, was the red linen skirt, I could have paired with another garment of the same color or a neutral but I chose a muscle camo tank, not your ordinary pairing.  A muscle tee is such a casual piece but both the necklace and skirt dress it up.  Next, I had the outfit as is minus the necklace but felt it was missing something, a black necklace would be too matchy/matchy for me so I opted for a neutral necklace, or in this case, tortoise to add a statement on top of the muscle tee.  The tortoise necklace matches with the "tortoise" button on the skirt and sunglasses.  Being a stylist, it's the small details that count, well, every detail does!  Topped off the look with a black heel to make the outfit pop vs a neutral shoe which would have just blended in with the look.  And voila! the reasoning behind my look.

On another note, today is the LAST day to register for my 5 week online starting seminar starting this Sunday, June 8.  More details can be found here.



12 comments:

  1. That skirt is so vibrant and beautiful! I love how the orange looks paired with camo!

    Love&Clothing | Tory Burch Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. A true stylist indeed, love how you came about styling this look, please write like this more often. Love the pairing the skirt is lovely and it dresses up the muscle T.

    http://princessaudu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red pencil skirt! It gives the cargo top a real feminine touch!

    XoXo Shea L. kissmychocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute..I love it

    www.jayla31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great skirt in great color! Love it :)
    fashionfascinate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your blog and I'm your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great - love the skirt, wonderful color!!:)

    Anete,
    FIF

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the high low mix in this outfit and you totally rocked the bright red skirt and statement sandal heels! totally awesome styling here!

    Check out my latest post on the Blog :)
    AL xx
    RASSP STYLERASSP INTERIOR

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute look, love sandals
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous....
    oxox
    http://www.jennifashtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete